Service Support Technician
Position: Service Support Technician
Department: Technical Support Services
Location: IRD Corporate Office 702-43rd Street East Saskatoon, SK
Who we are
IRD is an Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) company and a world leader in the highway traffic management and in-vehicle systems solutions industry, specializing in traffic data collection, weight enforcement, commercial vehicle operations, toll, and safety. Over the past 39 years, IRD has diversified both from a market and geographical perspective. IRD Systems are designed and built by a multidisciplinary, customer-focused team which fuses core IRD technology with integrated computing and communications technologies.
Being a team member of IRD
Join our growing team!! For members of our talented team, IRD offers a comprehensive benefits package with employer-paid premiums, RSP matching, an ongoing commitment to training and monthly team building events organized by our wellness committee.
What does it mean to be a Service Support Technician for IRD?
A Service Support Technician is responsible for providing frontline technical support to customers and IRD staff as it pertains to electronic sensing equipment and pertinent software.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support IRD systems and software products for commercial vehicle screening systems and traffic data collection systems
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues with remote systems via network or modem communications
- Utilize diagnostic software tools to capture and analyze operational data from sensors and systems installed worldwide
- Initiate higher-level support requests
- Initiate quotations for equipment repair
- Initiate site visits by field representatives if required
- Following up with customers on service-related concerns to ensure customer satisfaction
- Continually learn and receive training on new IRD products, systems and system components in order to provide customer support while keeping technical skills up to date
- Participate in providing training for other staff within IRD
- Provide customer feedback to other departments on improvement opportunities for products and systems
- Implement minor changes to configuration and software of deployed equipment to improve operation
- Assist with expediting equipment repairs for components returned for service
- Assist with field and bench testing of products and systems
- Utilize IRD processes and tools to track and expedite customer service issues
- Occasionally, as needed, travel to IRD customer sites to assist with installation, calibration, acceptance testing or training
- Maintain Confluence pages to ensure they are updated with all required information
- Diagnose, update, and maintain the JIRA ticket and support structures within JIRA/Confluence related to the TSS department
- Assist with the design and development of processes and improvements to the functionality of JIRA/Confluence in relation to the TSS department
What do we look for?
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and with a team
- Possess cooperative problem solving and logical decision-making abilities
- Possess logical troubleshooting skills
- Possess excellent customer relations skills
- Ability to perform command-line tasks on UNIX and or Linux based systems
- Working knowledge of one or more of following operating systems: Linux, Unix, Windows 95/98/NT/XP/7, DOS
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- A recognized certificate or Diploma in Electronics Technician/Technology or Information Technology
- Proficiency in Java Query Language (JQL) and usage of JIRA/Confluence software
- Previous customer service experience an asset
IRD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please indicate position ‘TSS-SST1119’in your cover letter and subject line.