Position: Software Verifier
Location: IRD Corporate Office 702-43rd Street East Saskatoon, SK
Who we are
IRD is an Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) company and a world leader in the highway traffic management and in-vehicle systems solutions industry, specializing in traffic data collection, weight enforcement, commercial vehicle operations, toll, and safety. Over the past 39 years, IRD has diversified both from a market and geographical perspective. IRD Systems are designed and built by a multidisciplinary, customer-focused team which fuses core IRD technology with integrated computing and communications technologies.
Being a team member of IRD
Join our growing team!! For members of our talented team, IRD offers a comprehensive benefits package with employer paid premiums, RSP matching, an ongoing commitment to training and monthly team building events organized by our wellness committee.
What does it mean to be a Software Verifier for IRD?
The software verifier will perform structured and ad-hoc testing of IRD software modules and systems ranging from embedded and desktop applications to Enterprise and cloud-hosted solutions. In addition, the software verifier will develop regression testing suites and support the creation, maintenance and execution of automated verification tests.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in Requirement and Design Reviews
- Create, execute and maintain automated verification tests for software modules
- Identify and create test cases to verify corner cases and error conditions
- Perform system integration and testing
- Assist with preparation and execution of Factory and Site Acceptance Tests (FAT/SAT) and plans
- Perform manual structured testing as well as ad-hoc testing
- Develop regression testing suites on base software modules and systems
- Must be able to logically trace the root cause of an issue
- Raise design concerns and highlight software bugs in a collaborative manner
- Create issue reports for module and system defects
- Develop custom test tools as required
- Assist in the estimation of verification work and preparation of customer quotes based on tender documents, RFPs, and specification documents
- Participate in the support of customer systems
What do we look for?
- Experience developing automated software and system testing an asset
- Experience with issue tracking systems
- Experience with Java, C#, Test NG, Selenium, Test Complete ideal
- Experience with operating systems such as Windows and Linux
- Experience verifying real-time systems an asset
- Experience verifying GUI design an asset
- Experience verifying web technologies an asset
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Agile development practices an asset
- Self-starter with the ability to work well independently and within a team environment
- Willingness to work flexible hours occasionally to accommodate project deadlines
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- 2 or more years’ experience in a QA, software testing, or software verification role
- Experience in a team environment
- An understanding of source control principles and experience with one or more source control management systems
- Knowledge of embedded computing
- Experience with Automated testing would be an asset
- Experience with Jenkins Continuous Integration or equivalent would be an asset
- Experience with Databases and SQL, would be an asset
- Knowledge of HTTP, Servlets, and Web Technologies, would be an asset
IRD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please indicate position ‘SW-SV0819’in your cover letter and subject line.