Senior Software Verifier
Position: Senior Software Verifier
Location: IRD Corporate Office 702-43rd Street East Saskatoon, SK
Who we are
IRD is an Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) company and a world leader in the highway traffic management and in-vehicle systems solutions industry, specializing in traffic data collection, weight enforcement, commercial vehicle operations, toll, and safety. Over the past 39 years, IRD has diversified both from a market and geographical perspective. IRD Systems are designed and built by a multidisciplinary, customer-focused team which fuses core IRD technology with integrated computing and communications technologies.
Being a team member of IRD
Join our growing team!! For members of our talented team, IRD offers a comprehensive benefits package with employer paid premiums, RSP matching, an ongoing commitment to training and monthly team building events organized by our wellness committee.
What does it mean to be a Senior Software Verifier for IRD?
To lead the software verification strategy for IRD products and systems in accordance with IRD standard procedures. A special emphasis is placed on automated verification.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Propose, plan and lead the implementation of an automated verification strategy and processes for IRD software products
- Participate in determining which products or aspects of a product should be verified with automated testing
- Participate in Requirement and Design Reviews
- Create, execute and maintain automated verification tests for software modules
- Create, review and execute test plans
- Identify and create test cases to verify requirements, corner cases and error conditions
- Provide leadership with system integration and testing
- Provide leadership with preparation and execution of Factory and Site Acceptance Tests (FAT/SAT) and plans
- Perform manual structured testing as well as ad-hoc testing
- Develop regression testing suites on base software modules and systems
- Raise design concerns and highlight software bugs in a collaborative manner
- Create issue reports for module and system defects
- Develop custom test tools as required
- Assist in the estimation of verification work and preparation of customer quotes based on tender documents, RFPs and specification documents
- Participate in the support of customer systems
- Provide leadership and mentoring of verification team
- Assist the department manager with the management of verification tasks and personnel
What do we look for?
- Experience developing and improving automated test procedures and guidelines an asset
- Experience developing automated test software and system testing
- Ability to logically trace the root causes of issues
- Experience with issue tracking systems
- Experience with automated test frameworks such as Katalon, TestNG, Selenium, TestComplete would be ideal
- Experience with operating systems such as Windows and Linux
- Experience verifying real-time systems an asset
- Experience verifying GUI design an asset
- Experience verifying web technologies an asset
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Agile development practices an asset
- Self-starter with the ability to work well independently and within a team environment
- Willingness to work flexible hours occasionally to accommodate project deadlines
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 5 or more years’ experience in software verification
- Experience mentoring or leading in a team environment
- An understanding of source control principles and experience with one or more source control management systems
- Knowledge of embedded computing
- Experience with Automated testing
- Experience with Jenkins Continuous Integration or equivalent
- Experience testing/working with Databases and SQL
- Experience with C#, Java or other software development
- Knowledge of HTTP, Servlets and Web Technologies
IRD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please indicate position ‘SW-SSV0819’in your cover letter and subject line.