Operations Support Clerk - Term Position
Position: Operations Support Clerk - Term Position
Department: Project Management
Location : IRD Corporate Office 702-43rd Street East Saskatoon, SK
Who we are
IRD is an Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) company and a world leader in the highway traffic management and in-vehicle systems solutions industry, specializing in traffic data collection, weight enforcement, commercial vehicle operations, toll, and safety. Over the past 39 years, IRD has diversified both from a market and geographical perspective. IRD Systems are designed and built by a multidisciplinary, customer-focused team which fuses core IRD technology with integrated computing and communications technologies.
What does it mean to be an Operations Support Clerk for IRD?
The Operations Support Clerk works alongside Project Coordinators and Project Managers, field staff, and senior technical support staff, the Operations Support Clerk is responsible for timely and accurate project reporting, administration and deployment of field resources, administration and coordination of support/service tickets, and other related project administrative duties. Our Operation Support Clerks play key roles in supporting IRD's project staff to maintain our commitment to designing and building leading edge products, systems and solutions for worldwide transportation management applications for our customers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Efficiently and effectively align field resources with schedules and needed skills
- Interface with Engineering, Manufacturing, Field Managers to ensure head office field staff are utilized effectively
- Coordinate cost effective travel for field staff and other project specific travel when required
- Assist the Field Certification & Training team to maintain field certifications
- Managing the master installation/maintenance schedule and resource plan
- Coordinate with Project Coordinators, Project Managers, and Engineering staff to efficiently and effectively ensure all service support requests submitted to the Technical Support Services group are prioritized, assigned, addressed and closed within required time constraints
- Prepare and distribute periodic reports detailing service ticket status and / or develop and maintain dashboards within the project management ticketing software (JIRA)
- Proactively communicate project and constraint information to management
- Assist in preparing and distributing project internal and external status and site reports
- Open and close projects in accordance with procedures
- Coordination of project administrative duties such as time sheets, in conjunction with HR requirements, etc.
- Management of centralized project filing systems
- Assist in the maintenance of procedures and relevant Project Management/Project Management Office (PMO) working instructions
What do we look for?
- Experience with Microsoft Office 2016 applications such as Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint
- An ability to adhere to tight time lines and deliverables on a consistent basis
- Detail oriented, with expectations of delivery complete and error-free work
- Well organized with an meticulous planning abilities
- Team player mentality! Must enjoy working in fast-paced work environment alongside highly-focused team members
- Basic understanding of cost and budgeting principals an asset
- General project or office administration experience an asset
- Administrative Diploma and/or equivalent experience
- Previous experience in an administrative role is an asset
- Previous experience or knowledge of scheduling projects in construction and/or maintenance environments
IRD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.