Project Engineering Specialist
Position: Project Engineering Specialist
Location : IRD Corporate Office 702-43rd Street East Saskatoon, SK
Who we are
IRD is an Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) company and a world leader in the highway traffic management and in-vehicle systems solutions industry, specializing in traffic data collection, weight enforcement, commercial vehicle operations, toll, and safety. Over the past 35 years, IRD has diversified both from a markets and geographical perspective. IRD Systems are designed and built by a multidisciplinary, customer-focused team which fuses core IRD technology with integrated computing and communications technologies.
What does it mean to be a Project Engineering Specialist?
The Project Engineering Specialist is responsible for the project designs of IRD Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) Solutions and providing support to project managers for the implementation, delivery and commissioning of these systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop project designs incorporating systems consisting of electrical/electronic/mechanical components, sensors, software, firmware and communications to meet customer requirements and industry standards
- Produce project documentation including system definitions, site layouts, power wiring, site termination drawings, project bills of materials and equipment installation drawings for commercial vehicle screening systems, weigh-in-motion systems and other ITS systems
- Produce equipment assembly drawing packages for Manufacturing
- Perform factory and field testing as well as installation, integration, training and commissioning support for project and R&D activities
- Assist with reviews of customer project requirement specifications
- Support Project Managers in meeting project schedules for engineering work and material budgets
- Provide support for Purchasing, Manufacturing, Product Development and Systems Engineering from component selection and procurement through equipment assembly and system configuration/testing
- Support the ITS Solutions team with estimates and preliminary designs for proposals
- Support the operations and maintenance of customer systems
- Travel to customer sites to assess, support and commission projects as necessary
What do we look for?
- Be a cooperative problem-solver with logical decision-making abilities
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Experience with MS Operating Systems, Office and CAD software required
- Experience with Linux, networking, programming, PLCs, sensors and communication equipment will be an asset
- Experience with construction, Lean, and ISO 9001 quality systems would be desirable
- Self-starter with the ability to work well independently and within a team environment
- Willingness to work flexible hours to accommodate working with team members in different time zones
- Bachelor of Science Degree, preferably in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Computer Engineering or Systems Engineering, or certificate in Electronic Systems Engineering Technology
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a multi-disciplinary team environment with relevant experience
IRD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.