Position: Senior Accountant
Location : IRD Corporate Office 702-43rd Street East Saskatoon, SK
Who we are
IRD is an Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) company and a world leader in the highway traffic management and in-vehicle systems solutions industry, specializing in traffic data collection, weight enforcement, commercial vehicle operations, toll, and safety. Over the past 35 years, IRD has diversified both from a markets and geographical perspective. IRD Systems are designed and built by a multidisciplinary, customer-focused team which fuses core IRD technology with integrated computing and communications technologies.
What does it mean to be a Senior Accountant for IRD?
The Senior Accountant will assist in the operation of the Project Accounting system. This includes maintaining budgets and forecasts and monitoring expenditures for numerous concurrent projects that the company has worldwide.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform monthly project revenue recognition and ensure accuracy in posting to the general ledger
- Perform project cost reporting – including project set up, change orders, budget revisions, and analysis of work in progress
- Provide regular project cost reports to Project Managers and other leaders to assist in effective decision-making
- Identify and analyze trends, risks, and variances and assist in proactively mitigating and/or resolving potential problems
- Maintain accounting records of project related budgets, expenditures and forecasts
- Analyze contracts for performance obligations and other criteria to meet new Revenue Recognition Standards
What do we look for?
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organization skills
- Understanding of business and financial reporting
- Able to manage multiple projects at one time
- Strong focus on processes and procedures
- Experience with Great Plain Dynamics Accounting system would be beneficial
- Post-secondary education in accounting
- 3 -5 years of intermediate to senior level accounting experience working in a project focused industry environment
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
IRD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.