Director, IT Information Systems
Position: Director, IT Information Systems
Location: Saskatoon, SK.
Job #: IT-0219
IRD is an Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) company and a world leader in the highway traffic management and in-vehicle systems solutions industry, specializing in traffic data collection, weight enforcement, commercial vehicle operations, toll, and safety. Over the past 35 years, IRD has diversified both from a market and geographical perspective. IRD Systems are designed and built by a multidisciplinary, customer-focused team which fuses core IRD technology with integrated computing and communications technologies.
Join our growing team!!! Why join us? As part of the IT team dedicated to supporting the networks and systems of IRD’s head office operations and remote staff.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for supervising information systems development and deployment, network administration and desktop support.
- Responsible for the planning, development, implementation and operation of Business Information Systems. These systems are used to support finance, administrative, engineering and manufacturing processes for local and remote users
- Responsible for the development, customization, updating and maintenance of the Financial Databases
- Responsible for the support and maintenance of customer data management and web hosting
- Responsible for managing the deployment and support service for the IRD desktop computing and workgroup applications
- Responsible for the technical and project management within the Information Technology group
- Provides support in the development of an Information Technology strategic plan which identifies requirements to support the IRD corporate business strategy
- Establishes and administers policies, procedures and performance metrics for the Information Technology department focusing on security, internal controls, reliability, performance and cost-effectiveness
- Reviews analyzes and evaluates business systems and user needs to accomplish the organization's business objectives
- Responsible for the preparation of an annual work plan with associated budgets
Skills & Abilities
- Extensive experience in the application of Information Technology principles, methodologies, and techniques. Experience in IT architecture and planning methodologies will also be considered an asset
- Understanding of business processes, accounting and financial reporting
- Knowledge of manufacturing systems and processes
- Aptitude for software and hardware configuration and troubleshooting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical, business and technical leadership in delivering IT products and services.
- Demonstrated leadership skills working as part of a team of diverse individuals in a complex and evolving environment
- Post-secondary degree in the Information Technology field
- Minimum ten years of related work experience/training; or equivalent combination of education and experience with:
- Virtualization Technologies
- Cloud Services
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Microsoft SQL Server and other database technologies
- Microsoft Exchange
- Internet & Networking technologies
- Security Systems and Policies
- VoIP systems
- Web Design and Development
- Microsoft Project Server 2010
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010
- Knowledge of NetSuite Software is a definite asset
- Knowledge of IT compliance regulations like SOX is a definite asset
- Microsoft Certification such as MCSE, or MCSA is a definite asset
Please indicate position ‘IT-0219’ in your cover letter and subject line.
IRD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.