ITS Service Technician - Arizona
Department: Field Services
Position: ITS Service Technician - Arizona
Job #: FS-AZ1018
IRD is an Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) company and a world leader in the highway traffic management and in-vehicle systems solutions industry, specializing in traffic data collection, weight enforcement, commercial vehicle operations, toll, and safety. Over the past 35 years, IRD has diversified both from a markets and geographical perspective. IRD Systems are designed and built by a multidisciplinary, customer-focused team which fuses core IRD technology with integrated computing and communications technologies.
IRD is dedicated to our customers and to our team. We offer competitive wages and benefit packages along with an ongoing commitment to training. IRD is currently looking to add an ITS Service Technician to our Arizona region with the ability to travel throughout the region.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adhere to Corporate safety and quality policies
- Provide routine maintenance and emergency service work to installed equipment as outlined in the service contracts.
- Maintain client relations by communicating with and training customers on the use of IRD deployed systems
- Provide accurate and detailed record keeping for service work performed, in IRD’s standard format including on-site record and electronic reporting. (a web-based service ticket reporting tool)
- Assist in the installation and integration of new and replacement equipment as required
- Supervision of in-road and roadside civil construction activities
- Supervise subcontractors to ensure installations, repairs and service are performed in accordance with IRD standards
- Integration of roadside electronics, specialized testing, calibrations, and set-up of various parameters through software menus
- Post-installation drawing and specification reviews for site compliance verifications and corrections may be required.
- Work with people from other areas of the company (ex. Technical Support, Engineering, Sales, Manufacturing, etc) to resolve any technical, design or functional issues.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong working knowledge of software and hardware applications in a Linux/Unix, DOS & Microsoft Windows based environment
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Excellent work record of self-motivation, judgment, productivity, and safety
- Ability to operate hand tools such as crimping pliers, screwdrivers, soldering irons, and wrenches
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze software and hardware problems using tools of the trade
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a demanding environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Self motivate with good organization and time management skill
- Minimum of 1-3 years of related experience
- Possess formal training, education in electronics technology or equivalent experience
- Construction background would be considered an asset
- Must possess a valid passport and be able to travel throughout North America
- A valid Drivers’ License and clean driving record is required as a condition of employment
- Required to pass a DOT Medical exam annually
- Completion of an in-house QMS orientation and mandatory training specific to Field Representative, as defined in IRD’s Orientation Matrix
- Shifts are typically Monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm with a one hour lunch break, but will vary based on work schedule
- Outdoor work common with exposure to various weather conditions (temperatures, wind, noise, dirt, etc)
- Travel is a major requirement
- Ability to do heavy lifting (up to 65lbs) and work at heights
- Required to sit for extended periods of time (driving)
Please indicate position ‘FS-AZ1018’ in your cover letter and subject line.
IRD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.