What does it mean to be a Project Accountant for IRD?
As an IRD team member reporting to the Manager, Accounting and Financial Reporting, this role will act as the Finance partner to the Project Management and Manufacturing Services teams as we maintain our commitment to designing and building leading edge products, systems and solutions for worldwide transportation management applications for our customers. You’ll apply your knowledge of accounting principles for maintaining budgets and forecasts, monitoring expenditures for numerous concurrent world-wide projects, and providing anticipatory project information and business reports. In addition to project accounting, you will have the opportunity to provide input and support to help drive improvements in performance through planning, analytics, and the interpretation of processes and controls.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain cost management records of budgets, expenditures, forecasts and cash flow for numerous concurrent projects
- Perform project cost reporting – including project set up, change orders, budget revisions, and analysis of work in progress
- Develop forecasts-to-complete and cash flow projections
- Identify and analyze trends, risks, and variances and assist in proactively mitigating and/or resolving potential problems
- Provide regular project cost reports to Project Managers and other leaders to assist in effective decision-making
- Perform monthly project revenue recognition and ensure accuracy in posting to the general ledger
- Perform standard and custom analyses as required
What do we look for?
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organization skills
- Understanding of business and financial reporting
- Strong focus on processes and procedures
- Experience with Great Plain Dynamics Accounting system would be beneficial
- Post-secondary education in accounting
- Intermediate to senior level accounting experience, preferably in an industry environment
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook
To apply, please indicate position ‘Project Accountant: FA-0219’ in your cover letter and subject line email to firstname.lastname@example.org