Status : Filled
Location : IRD Corporate Office 702-43rd Street East Saskatoon, SK
Who we are
IRD is an Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) company and a world leader in the highway traffic management and in-vehicle systems solutions industry, specializing in traffic data collection, weight enforcement, commercial vehicle operations, toll, and safety. Over the past 35 years, IRD has diversified both from a markets and geographical perspective. IRD Systems are designed and built by a multidisciplinary, customer-focused team which fuses core IRD technology with integrated computing and communications technologies.
What does it mean to be a CAD Draftsperson for IRD?
As a IRD Engineering team member, the CAD Draftsperson will be responsible for producing various types of drawings using AutoCAD and SolidWorks as well as other drafting related tasks as assigned. Also in this position, you will be expected to provide technical design assistance to the IRD Engineering Team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop a variety of working plans, drawings and complete layouts of electrical, civil and mechanical components, assemblies and systems
- Assist project engineering with the project drawing packages including site layouts and elevation equipment drawings
- Assist in product design and manufacturing processes when required and as defined by the product engineer
- Perform basic design tasks following established guidelines
- Write Engineering Change Orders (ECO’s) under the direction of an engineer or project manager
- Revise and update existing part specifications and drawings to incorporate requested design changes from engineering and manufacturing
- Work with the IRD drawing control system (Configuration Management)
- Follow the IRD engineering file system for parts and contracts
- Answer inquiries regarding engineering documentation and retrieve documents upon request
- Establish, maintain and follow IRD CAD standards.
- Preparation and update of relevant working instructions
What do we look for?
- Familiar with MS Office including Word and Excel
- MS Visio experience an asset
- CAD Training, preferably in AutoCAD LT and SolidWorks
- Works well independently or with a team
- Good organizational and record keeping skills
- Pays close attention to detail
- Good oral and written communication skills
- CAD/CAM Technology or Engineering Technology diploma or certification from a recognized post-secondary institute or equivalent training and experience
IRD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.