Status : Filled
Position: Intermediate Accountant
Location : IRD Corporate Office 702-43rd Street East Saskatoon, SK
Who we are
IRD is an Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) company and a world leader in the highway traffic management and in-vehicle systems solutions industry, specializing in traffic data collection, weight enforcement, commercial vehicle operations, toll, and safety. Over the past 35 years, IRD has diversified both from a markets and geographical perspective. IRD Systems are designed and built by a multidisciplinary, customer-focused team which fuses core IRD technology with integrated computing and communications technologies.
What does it mean to be a Intermediate Accountant for IRD?
As a IRD team member reporting to the Manager, Accounting and Financial Reporting, this role will assist in the daily full-cycle accounting functions. You’ll apply your knowledge of accounting principles in areas that can include project accounting, financial statement preparation, reviewing subsidiary account reconciliations, maintaining budgets and forecasts, and monitoring expenditures for numerous concurrent projects that the company has worldwide. In addition to project based accounting, you will have the opportunity to provide input and support to help drive improvements in performance through planning, analytics, and the interpretation of processes and controls.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare journal entries and accounting transactions to support timely month-end close
- Prepare monthly intercompany reconciliations with subsidiary companies
- Maintain accounting records of project related budgets, expenditures and forecasts
- Perform project cost reporting - including project set up, change orders, budget revisions, and analysis of work in progress for each individual project
- Perform monthly project revenue recognition and ensure accuracy in posting to the general ledger
- Perform reconciliations and analyses of subsidiary accounts
- Maintain communication and documentation with relevant project members
What do we look for?
- Self-starting and motivated individuals who enjoy a challenge
- The ability to work independently within a team environment without being micro-managed
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organization skills
- Understanding of business and financial reporting
- Strong focus on processes and procedures
- ERP and accounting systems experience - Great Plains Dynamics is beneficial
- Post-secondary education with a focus in Accounting (business diploma, certification or university graduate)
- Preferably 2-3 years related experience specifically in a project accounting environment
- Accounting experience in construction or civil engineering industry is beneficial
- Demonstrated knowledge and/or experience performing financial analysis and revenue recognition under IFRS would be preferred
- Well versed in Microsoft Office 2016 products such as Excel, Word, and Outlook
IRD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.