Business Information (BI) Programmer Analyst
Position: Business Information (BI) Programmer Analyst
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Job #: IT-PA0317
IRD is an Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) company and a world leader in the highway traffic management and in-vehicle systems solutions industry, specializing in traffic data collection, weight enforcement, commercial vehicle operations, toll, and safety. Over the past 35 years, IRD has diversified both from a markets and geographical perspective. IRD Systems are designed and built by a multidisciplinary, customer-focused team which fuses core IRD technology with integrated computing and communications technologies.
The Business Information (BI) Programmer Analyst is responsible for the planning, development, implementation and operation of IRD’s Business Information Systems, which includes the CRM and Microsoft Great Plains financial systems. These structures support the Finance, Administrative, Engineering & Manufacturing processes for local and remote users for the SharePoint site, Project Server, internal intranet web sites and databases. The BI Programmer Analyst is also a key member of the IT team, which will assist in the development of Information Technology strategic plans for identifying requirements for supporting IRD’s corporate business strategy.
Skills & Abilities:
- Support experience with Business/Finance systems. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP would be considerate a definite asset
- Understanding of business processes, accounting and financial reporting
- Development experience with SharePoint and Project Server.
- Development and administration experience with Microsoft SQL databases. Experience with Oracle would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of manufacturing systems and processes
- Aptitude for software and hardware configuration and troubleshooting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical, business and technical leadership in delivering IT products and services would be considered an asset
- Demonstrated leadership skills working as part of a team of diverse individuals in a complex and evolving environment would be considered an asset
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in the Information Technology field
- Minimum five years of related work experience/training; or equivalent combination of education and experience with:
- Financial Systems
- CRM Systems
- SharePoint and Web Development Design and Development
- Microsoft Project Server
- Microsoft SQL server
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Internet & Networking technologies
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP Software is an definite asset
- Microsoft Certification such as MCSE, or MCSA is a definite asset
- Completion of an in-house QMS orientation and mandatory training specific to an Applications Service Provider Coordinator as defined in IRD’s Orientation Matrix
- Any other internal training required for the position
- Hours are typically Monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm with a one hour lunch break
- Extra hours may be required (due to Professional nature of position)
- Position may entail long periods of time spent sitting
- Position may entail high amount of computer usage
- Excessive keyboarding may be required
Please indicate position ‘IT-PA0317’ in your cover letter and subject line.
IRD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.