Engineer/Engineering Technologist – Installation Engineer
Status : Filled
Department: Field Services
Position: Engineer/Engineering Technologist – Installation Engineer
Location: Albany, New York or surrounding areas
Job #: FS-IENY1016
IRD is an Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) company and a world leader in the highway traffic management and in-vehicle systems solutions industry, specializing in traffic data collection, weight enforcement, commercial vehicle operations, toll, and safety. Over the past 35 years, IRD has diversified both from a markets and geographical perspective. IRD Systems are designed and built by a multidisciplinary, customer-focused team which fuses core IRD technology with integrated computing and communications technologies.
IRD’s Installation - Field Team of Experts is growing!!! Why join us? IRD has a long-term commitment to provide repair and maintenance services to the New York State Department of Transportation (NYSDOT). Having worked with NYDOT for over ten years, we are responsible for installing, upgrading, repairing, operating and maintaining NYSDOT permanent data collection sites. IRD provides services at data collection sites in Metro New York City, Nassau, Suffolk, Rockland and Westchester Counties. The data from these sites is used to assess transportation needs and highway infrastructure performance, as well as to develop highway planning and programming recommendations.
We are expanding our New York team in order to continue to provide excellent service on these key contracts. We offer competitive wages and benefit packages along with an ongoing commitment to safety and training. IRD is currently looking to add an Installation Engineer to our New York region. Extensive travel throughout the region will be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Applied Engineering Technology.
- 5+ years of experience in Engineering/Technical Field related work
- Construction background would be considered an asset
- Proven technical ability using software programs and test equipment such as Multimeters, LCR Meters, Meggers, and Scope Meters to diagnose and repair sensors and equipment malfunctions
- Strong working knowledge of software and hardware applications in a Linux/Unix, DOS & Microsoft Windows based environment
- Ability to set up and troubleshoot Networking equipment, Routers, Switches, Fiber
- Must be able to obtain/possess a valid passport and be able to travel extensively throughout North America (USA and Canada), and abroad
- A valid Driver’s License and clean driving record is required as a condition of employment
- Responsible for providing guidance to field personnel during new installations, ensuring compliance with technical requirements
- Supervise in-road and roadside civil construction activities ensuring that the in-road sensors and related equipment are installed to the required specifications and engineering drawings
- Install and integrate IRD roadside electronics, perform specialized testing, initial calibration, and system configuration and customer acceptance and verify calibration data of the electronics and in-road sensors
- May be required to train/certify IRD staff and clients on proper installation and maintenance practices related to IRD supplied equipment
- Work with IRD team members to resolve any technical, design or functional issues during installation and corrective maintenance of IRD products
- Post-installation drawing and specification inspection (comparing the engineering drawings and specifications to the installed system and provide input for as-built record drawings)
- Assist with and ensure compliance to requirements during corrective maintenance and repair activities
- May assist with planned routine field maintenance and respond to emergency service work as scheduled
- Ability to work in all types of weather with extreme temperatures, wind, noise, dirt, and other hazards
Please indicate position ‘FS-IENY1016’ in your cover letter and subject line.
IRD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.