Field Engineer – Installation Team
Department: Field Services
Position: Field Engineer – Installation Team
Location: TBD - Travel outside the Region will be required for training and other field service functions.
IRD is an Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) company and a world leader in the highway traffic management and in-vehicle systems solutions industry, specializing in traffic data collection, weight enforcement, commercial vehicle operations, toll, and safety. Over the past 35 years, IRD has diversified both from a markets and geographical perspective. IRD Systems are designed and built by a multidisciplinary, customer-focused team which fuses core IRD technology with integrated computing and communications technologies.
IRD is dedicated to our customers and to our team. We offer competitive wages and benefit packages along with an ongoing commitment to training. IRD is currently looking for a Field Engineer responsible for the installation, integration and corrective maintenance of IRD systems in accordance with IRD standard procedures. The Field Engineer will provide technical guidance during all IRD installations and troubleshoot/repair deployed systems as needed, under the direction of the Installation Specialist.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Electronics Technology or Applied Engineering Technology. Equivalent experience or education will be considered.
- 5+ years of experience in field-related work.
- Understands technically IRD equipment, systems and internal processes with the ability to troubleshoot and analyze faults
- Construction background would be considered an asset
- Must be able to obtain/possess a valid passport and be able to travel extensively throughout North America (USA and Canada), and abroad
- A valid Drivers’ License and clean driving record is required as a condition of employment
- Represent IRD’s interests with customers in the region, which includes taking ownership of any customer issues and working cooperatively with the various departments in IRD to get the issues resolved.
- Proven technical ability using software programs and test equipment such as Multimeters, LCR Meters, Meggers, and Scope Meters to diagnose and repair sensors and equipment malfunctions
- Strong working knowledge of software and hardware applications in a Linux/Unix, DOS & Microsoft Windows based environment
- Use hand tools such as crimping pliers, screwdrivers, soldering irons, and wrenches
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and customer service skills
- Good organization, time management, and project management skills
- Strong supervisory skills
- Ability to work well independently and with a team
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Accurate and detailed record keeping of installation service work in IRD’s format on-site record and electronically.
- May be required to travel throughout North America for maintenance and installation responsibilities.
Please indicate position ‘FS-FE1103’ in your cover letter and subject line.
IRD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.