Electronics Technician/Technologist – New York Field Representative
Department: Field Services
Position: Electronics Technician/Technologist - Field Representative
Location: Will be based in New York– preferably based in Albany or surrounding area and will be required to travel extensively throughout the region for maintenance and installation responsibilities. Periodic travel outside the Region will be required for training and other field service functions.
Job #: FS-NY0117
IRD is an Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) company and a world leader in the highway traffic management and in-vehicle systems solutions industry, specializing in traffic data collection, weight enforcement, commercial vehicle operations, toll, and safety. Over the past 35 years, IRD has diversified both from a markets and geographical perspective. IRD Systems are designed and built by a multidisciplinary, customer-focused team which fuses core IRD technology with integrated computing and communications technologies.
IRD’s Field Team of Experts is growing!!! Why join us? IRD has a long-term commitment to provide repair and maintenance services to the New York State Department of Transportation (NYSDOT). Having worked with NYDOT for over ten years, we are responsible for installing, upgrading, repairing, operating and maintaining NYSDOT permanent data collection sites. IRD provides services at data collection sites in Metro New York City, Nassau, Suffolk, Rockland and Westchester Counties. The data from these sites is used to assess transportation needs and highway infrastructure performance, as well as to develop highway planning and programming recommendations.
We are expanding our New York team in order to continue to provide excellent service on these key contracts. We offer competitive wages and benefit packages along with an ongoing commitment to safety and training. IRD is currently looking to add a Field Representative to our New York region.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Electronics Technology or Applied Engineering Technology . Equivalent experience or education will be considered.
- 1 – 3 years of experience in field related work.
- Background in construction is considered an asset
- Solid electronic troubleshooting knowledge with previous experience using software programs and test equipment such as Multimeters, LCR Meters, Meggers, and Scope Meters to diagnose and repair sensors and equipment malfunctions.
- Strong working knowledge of software and hardware applications in a Linux/Unix, DOS & Microsoft Windows based environment; networking experience and knowledge also considered an asset.
- Experience using various power and small hand tools.
- A valid Drivers’ License and clean driving record is required as a condition of employment.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid passport for travel into Canada.
- Previous safety training will also be considered an asset.
- Responsible to oversee operations, installation of equipment and maintain and repair the existing sites.
- Execution of planned routine field maintenance and responding for emergency service work.
- Installation and integration of new and replacement equipment including IRD roadside electronics, specialized testing, initial calibration, and set-up of parameters through software menus.
- Maintaining client relations - by communication and training customers on the use of the systems, equipment and software.
- Accurate and detailed record keeping of installation service work in IRD’s format on-site record and electronically using a web-based service ticket reporting tool.
- Verification of calibration of the electronics and in-road sensors.
- Supervising and coordinating subcontractors’ work for installations, repairs and re-installations of IRD products.
- Work with IRD Team to resolve any technical, design or functional issues from testing phase through to completion and acceptance onsite.
- Will be required to work in all weather conditions, from various remote locations and may be required to work at heights.
Please indicate position ‘FS-NY0117’ in your cover letter and subject line.
IRD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.