Technical Support Specialist
Status : Filled
Receives Direction From: Technical Support Supervisor
The Technical Support position is responsible for providing frontline technical support to customers and IRD staff.
Responsibilities May Include:
- Answering technical support questions related to IRD software and hardware products
- Remote troubleshooting of hardware and software problems via network or modem
- Initiating higher level support requests
- Initiating quotations for equipment repair
- Initiating site visits by field representatives if required
- Following up with customers on service related concerns to ensure customer satisfaction
- Occasionally, as needed, travel to IRD customer sites to assist with installation, calibration, acceptance testing or training.
- Continually learn and receive training on new IRD products, systems and system components in order to provide customer support while keeping technical skills up to date.
- Participate in providing training for other staff within IRD.
- Provide customer feedback to other departments on improvement opportunities for products and systems
- Implement minor changes to configuration and software of deployed equipment to improve operation.
- Assist with expediting equipment repairs for components returned for service
- Assist with field and bench testing of products and systems
- Utilize IRD processes and tools to track and expedite customer service issues.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and with a team
- Possess cooperative problem solving and logical decision making abilities
- Possess trouble-shooting skills
- Possess excellent customer relations skills
- Ability to perform command line tasks on UNIX and or Linux based systems
- Working knowledge of one or more of following operating systems: Linux, Unix, Windows 95/98/NT/XP/7, DOS
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- A recognized certificate or Diploma in Electronics Technician/Technology or Information Technology
- Previous customer service experience an asset
Please indicate position ‘E-TSS0527’ in your cover letter and subject line.
IRD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.