ITS Service Technician - California
Department: Field Services
Position: ITS Service Technician
Location: Sacramento, CA
Job #: FS-CA0218
IRD is an Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) company and a world leader in the highway traffic management and in-vehicle systems solutions industry, specializing in traffic data collection, weight enforcement, commercial vehicle operations, toll, and safety. Over the past 35 years, IRD has diversified both from a markets and geographical perspective. IRD Systems are designed and built by a multidisciplinary, customer-focused team which fuses core IRD technology with integrated computing and communications technologies.
IRD is dedicated to our customers and to our team. We offer competitive wages and benefit packages along with an ongoing commitment to training. IRD is currently looking to add a ITS Service Technician to our South West USA region, with the ability to travel throughout California, Arizona, and other surrounding locations as required.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Executing planned routine field maintenance and responding for emergency service work.
- Installation and integration of new and replacement equipment.
- Integration of IRD roadside electronics, specialized testing, initial calibration, and set-up of parameters through software menus.
- Maintaining client relations - by communication and training customers on the use of the systems, equipment and software.
- Accurate and detailed record keeping of installation service work in IRD’s format on-site record and electronically using a web-based service ticket reporting tool.
- Verification of calibration of the electronics and in-road sensors.
- Supervising and coordinating subcontractors’ work for installations, repairs and re-installations of IRD products.
- Work with IRD Team to resolve any technical, design or functional issues from testing phase through to completion and acceptance onsite.
- Will be required to work in all weather conditions, from various remote locations and may be required to work at heights.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Electronics Technology or Applied Engineering Technology. Equivalent experience or education will be considered.
- 1 – 3 years of experience in field related work.
- Background in construction is considered an asset.
- Solid electronic troubleshooting knowledge with previous experience using software programs and test equipment such as Multimeters, LCR Meters, Meggers, and Scope Meters to diagnose and repair sensors and equipment malfunctions.
- Strong working knowledge of software and hardware applications in a Linux/Unix, DOS & Microsoft Windows based environment; networking experience and knowledge also considered an asset.
- Experience using various power and small hand tools.
- A valid Drivers’ License and clean driving record is required as a condition of employment.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid passport for travel into Canada.
- Previous safety training will also be considered an asset.
IRD is an Equal Opportunity Employer